EdChoice & NEXTRoads Innovation have combined resources to host a Discovery Week focused on Innovation in and around supporting Choice in Education.
November 15 – 19, 2021
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to understanding and pursuing a K–12 education system that empowers every family to choose the schooling environment that fits their children’s needs best.
EdChoice is based in Indianapolis IN but works nationally to bring people together and equip them with high-quality research, data analysis, policy expertise, and messaging strategies to expand educational opportunities for all children.
What is school choice? School choice allows public education funds to follow students to the schools or services that best fit their needs —whether that’s to a public school, private school, charter school, home school or any other learning environment families choose. Watch this video to see how an educational choice system works.
Seeking entrepreneurs to tackle challenges like these:
- Organizing and delivering the information necessary to allow parents to understand educational choice
- Measuring and communicating student outcomes and/or provider quality
- How could the use of “Education Navigators” support parental choice?
Schools & Providers
- How providers make themselves available for selection
- How to recognize and accept the transcript of the student
- How do schools work with complex schedules and potentially 3rd party providers in their space?
- Will schools and teachers identify ways to offer their classes to other institutions and parents for a fee, and what platform would they use?
- How will we locate and deliver extracurriculars / after-school activities and sports?
- How will the needs of employers help parents and students make educational choices that lead to a more likely employment outcome?
- How do required business competencies translate to school grades and how do employers become engaged at scale?
- How do schools and parents provide their students with consistent access to life skills that employers need using Education Savings Accounts?